1. The goal of the Urban Gateway is to provide a knowledge and network hub that promotes a global discussion on how to manage our towns and cities better in a rapidly urbanising world. To achieve this, the Gateway enables members to find and contact other members, form common interest groups, offer and apply for opportunities, share experiences and get the latest local and global news on urban issues in their language. The website also maintain the momentum, discussions and networks developed at the World Urban Forum, strengthen partnerships and highlight the impact of the World Urban Campaign for better, greener and more equitable, more livable and safer cities with better opportunities for all.
4. You grant the Urban Gateway the right to publish the information that you provide to the Urban Gateway.
5. By providing information to the Urban Gateway, you represent and warrant that you are entitled to submit the information and that the information is accurate, not confidential, and not in violation of any contractual restrictions or other third party rights.
6. It is your responsibility to keep your Urban Gateway profile information accurate and updated.
7. Service Eligibility: To be eligible to become a member of the Urban Gateway:
a. will only maintain one Urban Gateway account at any given time
8. Sign-In Credentials: you agree to
a. You agree to keep your password secure and confidential;
b. not permit others to use your account;
c. refrain from using other members’ accounts;
d. refrain from charging anyone for access to any portion of Urban Gateway, or any information therein.
e. be responsible for anything that happens through your account until you close down your account or prove that your account security was compromised due to no fault of your own. To close your account, send an email to email@example.com
10. User to user communication and sharing: the Urban Gateway offers various forums such as Discussions, Groups, Networks, Questions Answers where you can post your content and comments on designated topics. The Urban Gateway also provides facilities for users to contact one another. The Urban Gateway does not take responsibility for inappropriate content posted by its members or messages sent to other members.
11. Privacy: you should check your privacy settings after you register to the Urban Gateway to ensure that they are in line with your preferences.
12. Services availability: the Urban Gateway will make every offer maintain and improve the services provided to its members and take into consideration feedback from its members.
13. Misuse of services: the Urban Gateway may restrict, suspend or terminate the account of any member who abuses or misuses the services. This includes abuse of the Urban Gateway messaging services; creating multiple or false profiles; using the Gateway commercially without authorization, infringing any intellectual property rights and uploading inappropriate content.
14. Complaints regarding Complaints regarding content posted on the Urban Gateway: if you have any complaints about the content of the Urban Gateway, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
These terms of reference are binding. Last revised on 7 July 2011