THE 2019 TRANSFORMATIVE ACTION AWARD HAS JUST BEEN LAUNCHED!
The European sustainability award, co-organised by ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability, the Basque Country, and the City of Aalborg (Denmark) and supported by the European Committee of the Regions and the European Investment Bank, is given to a city, region or civil society organisation, which implements the 15 pathways outlined in the Basque Declaration to bring about the socio-cultural, socio-economic, and technological transformation of their community.
The actions taken are local or regional contributions to the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals and the Paris Climate Agreement.
REWARDS FOR THE WINNER
- €10.000 to kickstart a Transformative Action in your city, region or municipality
- Showcase on the Sustainable Cities Platform
- Promotion through ICLEI website, ICLEI in Europe e-newsletter and social media channels
- Publicity in publications related to sustainable development
- A trophy and the right to be called ‘Transformative Action of the year 2019’
- Digital ‘Transformative Action of the year 2019’ icon for use on websites, Social Media accounts and in email signatures
- Free entry and a presentation at the next European Conference on Sustainable Cities & Towns taking place in Mannheim (Germany) in 2020
- Any local or regional authority or civil society organisation located in any EU Member State, EEA country or EU candidate or accession country that has endorsed the Basque Declaration is eligible to submit an application.
- The applicant is responsible for the implementation of the Transformative Action.
- The Transformative Action must be in place for at least three months, but no longer than five years at the time of submission.
- Entries in the Transformative Action Award Database which were considered for the 2017 and 2018 Awards will not be considered for the 2019 award.
Source: Sustainable Cities
This article is culled from daily press coverage from around the world. It is posted on the Urban Gateway by way of keeping all users informed about matters of interest. The opinion expressed in this article is that of the author and in no way reflects the opinion of UN-Habitat.