Closing date: 30 Nov 2016
Career categories: Program/Project Management
Country: South Sudan
City: Aweil East State
Organization: Action Against Hunger USA
Theme: Food and Nutrition
Job years of experience: 3-5 years
YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE TO ENDING WORLD HUNGER BY ...
managing a food security and livelihood national team for program implementation and achievement of the fixed results.
KEY ACTIVITIES IN YOUR ROLE WILL INCLUDE:
- To ensure the appropriate and timely implementation of all Food Security and Livelihoods projects.
- To collaborate with all Action Against Hunger’s staff and other stakeholders to maximize the program impact and effectiveness.
- Represent Action Against Hunger externally with local authorities, donors and partner agencies.
- Security adherence.
- Emergency Response.
DOES THIS DESCRIPTION FIT YOU?
You’re an experienced humanitarian professional
- You have a Bachelor’s/ Master’s degree in agronomy, socio‐economic, rural development, anthropology, geography, international development, or related studies.
- You have a minimum of 2 years work experience in similar setting and responsibility.
- You have experience working outside East Africa Region.
You are very efficient leading processes
- You have experience managing local staff in a mature and impartial manner.
- You are self-disciplined and can work autonomously making decisions with minimal guidance.
- You are willing to work within a fluid situation (changes within the team, location of programs).
Your leadership style reinforces trust within your team
- You possess good coordination, diplomatic and negotiation skills. You are motivated and committed to humanitarian ideals.
To apply please follow link below:
Source: Relief Web
This article is culled from daily press coverage from around the world. It is posted on the Urban Gateway by way of keeping all users informed about matters of interest. The opinion expressed in this article is that of the author and in no way reflects the opinion of UN-Habitat.