Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children's Fund
Country: United States
City: New York
Office: UNICEF New York
Job no: 499827
Work type: Consultancy
Location: United States of America
Categories: WASH (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene), Consultancy
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Background & Rationale
This position will manage the Technical Review of all applicants from the Generic Vacancy Announcement for UNICEF's WASH Talent Group at the P3 and P4 level. Short-listed candidates will go through an extensive review and selection process and if successful, be placed in the Talent Group, an exclusive list of pre-vetted, highly qualified professionals.
The types of posts that will be staffed with candidates from the Talent Group include
- Section Chiefs (P4) who, under the overall guidance of the Representative/Deputy Representative, are accountable for the development, design, planning, implementation and management of the overall WASH component of the country programme. Section Chiefs additionally lead and supervise a group of professional and support staff to develop and administer the sectoral programme.
- WASH Specialists (P3 & P4), who under the overall guidance of the Chief of WASH in large programmes, take responsibility for key elements of the programme.
This assignment will help reduce the time for recruitment of staff to be posted in the countries.
The consultant will work closely with DHR and the WASH section. The consultant will undertake the following tasks
- Grade the written tests of all candidates.
- Review written test results of candidates and determine their suitability to continue in the screening process;
- Provide oral feedback to internal candidates who fail the written test.
- Sit on Interview Panels as active Technical Expert questioning and evaluating the candidates for final selection into WASH talent groups.
- For internal candidates who are unsuccessful at interview, provide verbal feedback and guidance, where applicable.
- Develop candidates profile to make available during recruitment process
- Additional tasks related to WASH projects as needed.
Expected results: (measurable results)
- All the written tests are graded
- All the review test are reviewed
- A written review is provided to all candidate
- Feedback is provided to all candidate
- Candidate profile is developed
The consultation is Home based with frequent support mission in NY for face to face meeting. Estimate time in NY will be 25 days.
Start date: 07.11.2016 End date: 15.01.2017
Key competences, technical background, and experience required Deadline
- Advanced university degree in a related field
- Over twelve years of relevant work experience in the emergency sector;
- Excellent knowledge of the UNICEF strategic direction/programmes in humanitarian action.
- Ability to conduct technical assessments on candidates for UNICEF's assignments;
- Ability to express clearly and concisely ideas and concepts in written and oral form.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships both within and outside the organization.
- Fluency in English. Another UN language is an asset.
Qualified candidates are requested to submit a cover letter, CV and P 11 form (which can be downloaded from our website at http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/index_53129.html)
Please indicate your ability, availability and daily/monthly rate (in US$) to undertake the terms of reference above (including travel and daily subsistence allowance, if applicable). Applications submitted without a daily/monthly rate will not be considered.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.
Advertised: Oct 21 2016 Eastern Daylight Time
Application close: Oct 28 2016 Eastern Daylight Time
Source: UN Jobs
This article is culled from daily press coverage from around the world. It is posted on the Urban Gateway by way of keeping all users informed about matters of interest. The opinion expressed in this article is that of the author and in no way reflects the opinion of UN-Habitat.