The last 12 months have seen dramatic changes in the political climate. The government has a new agenda to tackle the escalating housing crisis and, on a global scale, Habitat 3’s New Urban Agenda readdresses the way we build, manage, and live in cities, with the vision to end poverty, reduce inequalities and promote inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
On 21 June 2017, expert speakers from around the world will come together at the Planning Convention to address the question ‘How can planners contribute to building a stronger, inclusive and sustainable future for all?’
From devolution and housing, to smart and sustainable planning, our packed programme will offer delegates the opportunity to hear from key influencers in the industry, learn from each other, network, discuss, debate and find creative solutions to the most pressing problems facing the profession.
Other highlights include sessions on planning for disaster relief, the night-time economy, skills & careers, and an audience-led ‘Ask the Chief Planners’ session.
- Learn and be inspired by high-profile UK and International speakers
- Network and exchange knowledge with colleagues from both public and private sectors
- Explore new themes in our varied series of topical breakout sessions
- Ask questions to the best minds in planning in our interactive sessions
- Experience the impact of good planning first-hand on our free study tours, led by expert guides
- Catch up on the latest industry innovations in our exhibition area
- Source: The Planning Convention
This article is culled from daily press coverage from around the world. It is posted on the Urban Gateway by way of keeping all users informed about matters of interest. The opinion expressed in this article is that of the author and in no way reflects the opinion of UN-Habitat.