The document offers detailed guidelines on how to enhance gender equality in public life under the following areas:
It recommends adherents to:
- Mainstream gender equality in the design, development, implementation and evaluation of relevant public policies and budgets.
- Strengthen accountability and oversight mechanisms for gender equality and mainstreaming initiatives across and within government bodies.
- Achieve gender balanced representation in decision making positions in public life by encouraging greater participation of women in government at all levels, as well as in parliaments, judiciaries and other public institutions.
- Take adequate measures to improve the gender equality in public employment.
- Strengthen international co-operation through continuously sharing knowledge, lessons learned and good practices on gender equality and mainstreaming initiatives in public institutions.