Stating “The Case for Public Space” is a good way to offer advocates of public space at the international, national, urban and community levels sound arguments to strengthen their efforts in seeking the improvement of the quantity, quality and distribution of public spaces in cities. The “Case for Public Space” is built on the following arguments:
- Public space is the banner of urban civility;
- Public spaces promote equity;
- Public Spaces are our Urban Commons;
- Public Spaces make for great cities;
- Public Spaces offer ideal opportunities to generate citizen involvement;
- Public Spaces enhance environmental sustainability;
- Public Spaces promote income, investment and wealth creation.