Position Title: Programs Coordinator.
Reporting to: Director of Operations
Location: Kampala District
Working Hours: approx. 8 hours per day starting from 9:00am to 5:00pm (Monday to Thursday) 9:00am- 2:00pm on Friday.
WHY TEENS UGANDA:
TEENS Uganda is a local non-profit organization for youth development whose major concern is to empower the young people in Uganda to make positive life-choices. TEENS Uganda believes in absolute transparency and functions almost entirely through the efforts of its members, volunteers, and interns who give their time, skills and love to work with people in Uganda to support develop an ably skilled, creative workforce that can contribute to equitable employment to ensure sustainable livelihood which is a key to the socio-economic development of the community.
BE PART OF AN AMAZING TEAM!
This position involves hands-on programs coordination both in office and field. It involves variety of administrative and program management tasks. You will help in planning and organizing programs, activities and ensuring seamless team management and development, program delivery, and quality control and evaluation. You will be responsible for the successful leadership and management of the programs of TEENS Uganda.
You will gain visibility into the inner workings and aspects of the program coordinating field, provide concrete deliverables and learn from top to bottom. When the volunteering contract is completed you will be ready to enter any fast paced Program coordination position. We aim to give you a better understanding about issues concerning youth development, gender equality and non-profit organizations management.
We are a small organisation with big ideas and serving a big community. This position involves significant traveling using public transport and working in the village 45% of the time.
This role offers an amazing opportunity and great flexibility and would suit someone with passion in project management, youth empowerment, vocation skills development, cultural exchange, and community development or other area related to programs coordination.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
After completing training, you will work with Ugandan citizens and other international volunteers/interns (if any). Duties will include:
Develop, track and implement strategies that will maximize the synergies among program areas.
- Recruit, train and orientation of all volunteers and Interns.
- Instill a sense of accountability among team members by modeling tight oversight of individual and organization performance standards.
- Implement a professional development program to address volunteer’s experience and skill gaps.
- Attend meetings with/on behalf of the organization and report with minutes and relevant information
- Assist in maintaining and expanding our strong community relationships through attending events/meetings and visiting partners
- Create, maintain, and update spreadsheets/databases/files to support reporting
- Co-ordinate meeting arrangements when necessary, including preparing materials and follow-ups
- Support the vision, mission and values of Uganda for Her.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
WHAT WE PROVIDE
A great opportunity to make this role your own and be part of an amazing team and culture, shaping a start-up organisation that will make a big impact in the community and to the lives of young people in Uganda.
- The chance to meet new people from a diverse range of backgrounds and to make a real difference
- An opportunity to get hands-on experience in a role that will look good on your CV and provide you with professional and personal development opportunities
- A reference for any future employer or training course
- Pre-departure logistics support and preparation
- Volunteer Handbook
- Fundraising information and resources
- Shared accommodation at the TEENS Uganda Volunteer House
- Pick up and drop off to the airport (Entebbe International Airport)
- Ongoing mentoring and support from our in-country staff throughout the volunteering process
You will be responsible for contributing a $500 USD/month placement fee
A non-refundable deposit of $500 USD is needed to reserve your spot in our Volunteer House. The remaining balance must be paid one month before arrival in Uganda.
Your fees go directly toward supporting our programs and ensuring your volunteer placement is successful.
Many volunteers also choose to raise funds in support of TEENS Uganda before they go – volunteer bake sales, pub nights and silent auctions have all contributed thousands of dollars towards our programs. Contact us on ways to get involved before you leave!
THANK YOU SO MUCH AND WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO HAVE YOU ON THE TERM.