International Consultant on Smart Sustainable City Planning Approach
Location : Minsk, BELARUS
Application Deadline : 29-Sep-17 (Midnight New York, USA)
Additional Category : Sustainable Development and Poverty Reduction
Type of Contract : Individual Contract
Post Level : International Consultant
Languages Required : English
Starting Date : (date when the selected candidate is expected to start) 15-Oct-2017
Duration of Initial Contract : 15 October 2017 - 1 March 2018
Expected Duration of Assignment : 25 working days (including 2 missions to Belarus)
Description of the assignment: International Consultant on Smart Sustainable City Planning Approach
Project name: 'Belarus: Supporting Green Urban Development in Small and Medium-Sized Cities in Belarus'
Period of services (if applicable): 15 October 2017 - 1 March 2018
25 working days (including 2 missions to Belarus of 8 working days in total)
Proposals for tender ref. number IC/715/2017 should be submitted to on-line or to the e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 17:00 29 September 2017 (Minsk time).
Any request for clarification must be sent in writing, or by standard electronic communication to the e-mail email@example.com with the reference number (IC/715/2017, International Consultant on Green Urban Development) in the subject field of the e-mail. We will respond in writing or by standard electronic mail and will send written copies of the response, including an explanation of the query without identifying the source of inquiry, to all consultants.
Ref. num. (IC/715/2017, International Consultant on Smart Sustainable City Planning Approach) of the tender should be indicated in the subject field of the e-mail.
All details about the position and documents to be filled in can be found here: http://www.by.undp.org/content/belarus/en/home/operations/jobs/ic7152017...
Duties and Responsibilities
The work shall be performed in line with the Project Document, Detailed Work Plan 2017 and include the principal activities as follows:
- Consulting on setting of working procedure for the development of the framework strategy 'Implementation of the Brest-Smart Sustainable City' (up to 2050);
- Capacity building training for planners, NGOs, academia and other stakeholder groups in Minsk to improve practical skills on the implementation of the whole process of the Smart Sustainable City planning approach at the municipal level;
- Assist in specifying objectives, criteria, indicators and targets for Brest-Smart Sustainable City Concept through preparation and holding of practical workshop in Brest on the following topic: 'Conceptual Framework for the Brest development Plan Using the Smart Sustainable City Planning Approach' and working meetings with representatives of stakeholders;
- Consulting on development of alternative proposals for Brest-Smart Sustainable City as a part of Brest New Master Plan development;
- Presentation of Smart Sustainable City planning approach and Brest experience at 2-day Seminar in Minsk 'Identification of Key Strategic Directions of National Green Urban Development Plans and Policies in Belarus' (5-6th of December, 2017);
- Supervising and preparing of the first draft of the Brest-Smart Sustainable City Concept.
- Experience of presentation (which includes graphs, pictures, diagrams, figures and other illustrative tools to enhance the presentation quality) demonstrated by samples of the provided presentations;
- Excellent written English;
- Strong report writing skills
Required Skills and Experience
- University degree in any of the following fields: urban studies, urban and regional planning, environmental management, sustainable development, land-use or other relevant to the field of urban sustainable development. Master level or PhD degree (or equivalent) are preferable and will be correspondingly considered as an asset;
- At least 5 years of practical experience (consultancy, development, design) in the field of urban sustainable development and implementation of Smart Sustainable City planning approach. Working experience in Belarus and/or any of the CIS countries is an asset;
- Practical experience in performing at least 2 similar assignments in international/national projects;
- Experience in delivering of at least 2 workshops within implementation of Smart Sustainable City concept with wide range of stakeholders involved;
- Experience in practical establishment of communication between several multirange stakeholders in similar international project (at least 3 project)
- Solid knowledge of the Smart Sustainable City planning approach, as well as state-of-the-art approaches and best relevant international practices in urban planning (assessment will be made by evaluation of publications and practical experience content);
- Familiarity with Belarusian/post-soviet context of urban development is an asset;
- Practical applications of relevant to Smart Sustainable City urban level development approaches and techniques must be demonstrated by at least 5 relevant publications and/or at least 5 evidences in professional experience records
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
Source: UN Jobs
This article is culled from daily press coverage from around the world. It is posted on the Urban Gateway by way of keeping all users informed about matters of interest. The opinion expressed in this article is that of the author and in no way reflects the opinion of UN-Habitat.