Participants will learn how to correctly manage and control the end-to-end project procurement framework and contract life cycle, as well as effective strategies to successfully handle suppliers and vendors. During the course, participants will master the step-by-step process for converting needs into outsourced goods and services. They will gain knowledge on how to develop evaluation criteria to select the most appropriate procurement partner, and how to create an effective statement of work and service level agreements.
This course can also be provided on-demand as in-house training.
This classroom course provides 5 days of instruction delivered by a qualified professional.
Recommended participants: Management level.
The language of instruction will be English.
What to expect
Upon completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Move through the end to end procurement management process
- Identify stakeholder expectations and convert project needs into contract requirements
- Use a Request for Information (RFI) as a tool to determine the sourcing strategy
- Develop an evaluation model and supplier selection criteria to be able to analyze and validate proposals
- Establish a bid evaluation framework and create a robust Request for Proposal (RFP)
- Adapt and improve their negotiation techniques and communication strategies
- Recognize the different contract types, their objectives, and legal implications
- Monitor and control supplier performance and maintain effective working relationships
Supplier selection criteria
Supplier evaluation techniques and negotiation
Contract types, definitions, and purpose
Managing supplier performance and relationships
Download the course outline
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Anyone involved in procurement
- Purchasing or sourcing managers
- Vendor or product evaluation/selection managers
- Project managers
- Program managers
Course Fees: 600 USD / Kshs 60,000/=
The fees cater for Tuition, teaching materials, Tea break snacks, and lunch.