WELCOME TO THE LOCAL RENEWABLES CONFERENCE 2018
The City of Freiburg, the City of Basel and ICLEI Europe are pleased to invite you to the Local Renewables Conference 2018. The conference will take place on 24-26 October 2018, in Freiburg (Germany) and Basel (Switzerland).
Rising global energy needs remain a major challenge, with cities and regions being central players in making energy more secure, clean and sustainable. To transform from a linear to a circular economy there is a growing need to take advantage of renewable resources, including energy. The conference will address the following key issues:
- How can we ensure that global energy goals, including the 2015 Paris Agreement and the UN Sustainable Development Goals will be reached?
- What is the potential of the circularity of local renewables?
- What transformation is needed in cities for shifting to a circular economy? And how will circular economy shape transformation?
- How can we manage the transformation from a linear to a circular economy?
- What investments are needed and what are the financing options?
- How can relevant stakeholders, such as citizens, public authorities and the private sector be engaged in the urban transformation?
Join leading and learning cities, policy-makers from European and national governments, businesses, research and finance institutions for the 9th edition of the Local Renewables Series. It will build on the success of previous conferences and will showcase practical and innovative examples of how to reduce energy and resource use, and make ideal use of energy sources and other resources in the region.
More about the Local Renewables Series:
Since 2007 the Local Renewables conference series has offered an international forum for discussion and exchange among policy-makers and practitioners from various levels of government, energy experts, energy services providers, researchers and business representatives. Every year the Local Renewables Conference analyses a different topic linked to renewable energy. The conference series aims to advance the switch to renewable energy sources and accelerate sustainable development. Local Renewables achieves this through showcasing ground-breaking ideas and approaches to reducing energy and resource consumption while enhancing resource efficiency in cities and towns.
Source: Local Renewables Conference
This article is culled from daily press coverage from around the world. It is posted on the Urban Gateway by way of keeping all users informed about matters of interest. The opinion expressed in this article is that of the author and in no way reflects the opinion of UN-Habitat.