Taking the Metropolis’s gender strategy into account, within the framework of Metropolis Women and Metropolis Observatory, next 25th June we will organise, with the support of Brussels Capital Region, a launch session of the 4th Issue Paper of the Metropolis Observatory “Engendering metropolitan spaces in the context of Global Agendas”.
The session will bring together local elected representatives, practitioners and experts to discuss how to:
- Place gender equality within the metropolitan agenda as an overall strategy to build models of governance which are plural and inclusive.
- Make the right connections with gender issues arising from global agendas having an impact at local level.
- Identify the challenges and opportunities in relation to engendering metropolitan visions and strategies.
The presentation will take place at room JDE51 of the European Committee of the Regions, Brussels.
08h30-9h Registrations and welcome coffee
9h-9h15 Opening of the conference
9h15-10h Presentation of Issue Paper 5
10h-11h30 Cases study round table
12h-13h15 Debate/ round table
13h15-13h30 Closure and conclusion of the conference
You can read the concept note of the event by clicking here.
For further information about the event, please contact:
- Mr. Eugeni Villalbi, Project Officer for Metropolis Observatory: email@example.com
- Ms. Silvia Llorente, Project Officer for Metropolis Women: firstname.lastname@example.org