In collaboration with the Open Access journals of Frontiers (www.frontiersin.org) we are bringing together a selected group of international experts to contribute to an article collection on:
"Social, Technological and Health Innovation: Opportunities and Limitations for the Social Policy, Health Policy, and Environmental Policy"
13 December 2020 - Abstract
12 April 2021 - Manuscript
Visit the collection homepage for the full description of the project:
Participating Journals - manuscripts can be submitted to this Research Topic via the following journals:
- Frontiers in Political Science: Politics of Technology
- Frontiers in Public Health: Public Health Policy (Impact Factor 2019: 2.483)
- Frontiers in Sociology: Sociological Theory
- Frontiers in Psychology: Health Psychology (Impact Factor 2019: 2.067)
About this Research Topic:
This Research Topic will focus on both strengths and weaknesses of social innovation, technological innovation, and health innovation that are increasingly recognized as crucial concepts related to the formulation of responses to the social, health, and environmental challenges.
Goals of this Research Topic: (1) to identify and share the best recent practices and innovations related to social, environmental and health policies; (2) to debate on relevant governance modes, management tools as well as evaluation and impact assessment techniques; (3) to discuss dilemmas in the fields of management, financing, designing, implementing, testing, and maintaining the sustainability of innovative models of delivering social, health and care services; and (4) to recognize and analyze social, technological and health innovation that has emerged or has been scaled-up to respond to crisis situations, for example, a pandemic of the COVID-19 coronavirus disease.
This Research Topic welcomes papers that will provide both theoretical and empirical findings. Potential issues include, but are not limited to:
- Innovative, co-design, co-creation, and co-production schemes based on diversity of policy ideas in the areas of the social policy, environmental policy, and health policy.
- Disruptions and challenges for integrated public policies and programs on social, environmental and health issues related to delivering social, health, and care services.
- Governance, public management, and organizational management related issues including multilevel, multistakeholder, and multisectoral approaches to healthy and age-friendly environments, cities, and communities.
- Opportunities, criticism, and ethical controversies related to digital social innovation, e-health, plant-based innovation, food innovation, AI, ICT, and 3D solutions, social and service robotics, smart environments, gerontechnology, and welfare technology.
- The ideas that are relevant for the social policy, environmental policy, and health policy related to concepts such as the silver economy, longevity economy, social economy, circular economy, green economy, and sharing economy.
We welcome researchers from areas such as sociology, psychology, public policy, economics, management, public health, communication, environmental science, geography, and urban science. Reviews and papers on philosophical and ethical issues are also welcome.
Keywords: Ambient assisted living, assistive technologies, circular economy, co-design, co-creation, and co-production, COVID-19, design and innovation design, digital health, telehealth, and telecare, environmental innovation, environmental policy, future of health and healthcare, governance and management, green economy, health innovation, health policy, information and communication technologies, longevity economy, public health, public trust and public policy, robotics, sharing economy, silver economy, smart environments, social economy, social innovation, social policy, sustainability, technological innovation, universal design
- Andrzej Klimczuk, Warsaw School of Economics, Warsaw, Poland
- Magdalena Klimczuk-Kochańska, Faculty of Management, University of Warsaw, Warsaw, Poland
- Jorge Felix, University of Sao Paulo, Brazil
As a contributing author, you will benefit from:
- High visibility with a freely downloadable e-book
- Rigorous, transparent and fast peer review
- Advanced impact metrics
Papers should be submitted through this link, using the "Submit your manuscript" button: https://www.frontiersin.org/research-topics/17000/
and must follow paper templates available here: https://www.frontiersin.org/about/author-guidelines#Templates